Thursday, July 19, 2012

Folsom California

The kids made friends with the neighboring adult campers and they made us a pancake breakfast.  I am not sure how my kids charm everyone they meet.  It was drizzling as I was breaking down camp and loading up the car, which wasn’t pleasant.  We drove through Yosemite on our way north so the kids could get their junior ranger patches.  There is so much of the park we have not gotten to see.  It is overwhelmingly beautiful but so crowded.  We got to Alison’s house at 4:30.  Alison and I drove across the country together when we were 19 years old.  She is married with two kids now.  It was fun to visit and let the kids play together.  She made us yummy burritos (yeah no sandwiches.)  We also went to a park.  Alison and my big outing together was to go to Target after the kids went to bed so I could get more bread and bottled water.  It is always fun to catch up with an old friend.  We were so grateful for their hospitality and it felt great to sleep in a bed again.

On our way out of Yosemite.
Renee, Sylvie, Carter, Jens, and Gavin

No comments: