Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Living Room Painting (Twice)

For date night after going out to dinner, Sam and I painted our formal living room. We finished that evening and decided that we hated the color. The next morning, we still hated the color. We didn’t even move the furniture back into the room because I knew I couldn’t live with it.

On Monday morning Sam left for Maryland for a business trip. For those of you in the area, sorry he didn’t visit. He spent his free time studying for the GMAT.

I still hated the color on Monday so I bought more paint. I mention to Alycia that I would be painting and asked if she wanted to help. Not only did she come over to help, but she brought dinner. What a fabulous sister!

I love the new color, which is surprising close to what Alycia has in her house. Alycia even helped me put the furniture back on Tuesday after preschool so I wouldn’t have to live in a mess until Sam came home. Thanks Alycia!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color too. You decorate soooo pretty.

katierose said...

the color is very striking! i LOVE it! you are such a freakin' go-getter!

sweet mama entropy said...

Looks great! I can't believe you were going to tackle painting with three little ones while Sam was away!! Thank goodness for sisters :)

Susan Staus said...

I love the color!!! It looks really good with the paintings on the wall. When I get my house fixed up maybe I could hire you to decorate it, you do such a great job!!!

Ava Nielson said...

Looks great! Thank goodness you had help!

jenhatch said...

oooh! I LOVE It! I saw the pictures before I read that was the color you LIKED. I was thinking to myself - how does she not love that color!? It's great! And what a GREAT sister!! SO makes me miss mine!!!