Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Festival

Eagle Ridge Elementary had a Fall Festival at the school. We were supposed to dress in western wear, so I decked Renée out. She is so cute! They had games set up where the kids won prizes like pirate eye patches and blinky stuff. The kids had their faces painted. Gavin got a spider and Renée got a horse on one side and an R on the other. I participated in a beach ball blowing up contest. I didn’t win, but Carter got a ball and I got a t-shirt. We even had funnel cake, which is my favorite fair food of all.
Our school only includes three neighbor hoods, so we got to spend time with our neighbors and friends from church. Serving on the HOA board has helped me to meet a lot of people and we a feeling a sense of belonging in our community.








5 comments:

Ava Nielson said...

Super cute outfit, Renee!

sweet mama entropy said...

Looks like you all had so much fun!

katierose said...

man, i remember going to stuff like this when i was little...it was one of the major highlights of my life. and funnel cake? enough said!

Polly said...

Cute pics! Glad to hear that you guys are loving it so much over there! Kimball went through a horse phase, too. Have you gotten Renee the stick horse from Ikea? It's the best $12 I've ever spent!

Brielle & Jeffrey Kennington said...

she is the cutest cowgirl I've ever seen