Saturday, October 11, 2008

Air Show

We took the kids to the air show at Alliance Airport. They parked us in a big field and when we got out of the van, The Meldrums who were are friends in Frisco, were parked right next to us. We got to spend the day with our friends. I was especially happy to have someone to talk to since I wasn’t really thrilled to be at an air show anyway. Our kids are good friends because we did a babysitting co-op with them, and they spend every Saturday evening together.

Gretchen and I got in line to get on an airplane. Sam and Scott took the kids around to see all the static airplanes. Sam came back a little while later to tell me that he couldn’t find Renée and wanted to see if she came back to me. She hadn’t so we started searching. There were probably 70,000 people at the even and my mind went to the worst possible things that could have happened to her. We couldn’t find her so I flagged down one of the works on a golf cart, who radioed to the police who were at the event. I could hardly describe her because I was crying. Luckily the police had her. We are not sure why she walked off but she told me some girls asked her, her name and where her mommy was. They police gave her a water bottle, cookie, and a sticker. She never cried but was quiet when I picked her up. We got to ride in a police car back to Sam and the rest of our group. It was one of the scariest things I have gone through as a mother. We feel very blessed that she was kept safe for us.

The rest of the day was much better. Everyone loved watching the Thunder Birds. It was so fun to get to spend the day with our friends and meet their new baby, Ashton. Gavin and Abi went to preschool together and he always said he was going to marry her. I am not sure what his plans are now, but enjoyed seeing Abi again.

There is a picture of Sam and Gavin in front of the F-35. That is the plane that Sam works on.
























5 comments:

Susan Staus said...

Wow, that is super scary loosing a kid! I'm glad she was alright. I get scared when I can't see Jayden at the playground and the nut never answers me when I call his name, it's very frustrating. I try to tell him how important it is to answer mommy when I call for him but he just doesn't get it.
That's cool the kids got to see the plane that their daddy works on!

Susan said...

Hey, we were there too! I was wondering if you guys were there and if we would see you. Oh my gosh, how scary about Renee! I think I would have been crying too and totally freaked out.

Just Tera said...

How scary! I'm glad she was found nice and safe.

Lisa M said...

So scary, at least she was found safe.
About the air show, I kept hearing the military planes and was trying to figure out why it kept coming. I will have to remember the air show for next year.

gretchen said...

It was so fun seeing you!