Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Romantic

Gavin came home with a paper heart that Sydney, his girlfriend, made for him. I mentioned it to her mom, Kristy, at church. Kristy told me that Sydney has been coming home with pictures that Gavin draws for her. When I asked Gavin about them he said, “Don’t tell Sydney, but I have been having Blake draw the pictures, and then I give them to Sydney.” I guess Gavin thinks Blake is a better drawer.

When I told my parents about this they told me about how my grandfather, Al Burchner was a romantic and would write my grandmother beautiful letters while he was in WWII. I guess he was so good at letter writing that the other soldiers would pay him to write to their wives.

3 comments:

Jacalyn said...

Good story! And I still love Gavin!...but even more now! :)

katierose said...

i would love to read those letters your grandfather wrote. he is an adorable man...he reminds me of my grandpa abe...the twinkle in his eye. and gavin is a character! you're going to have to watch out for that one!

katierose said...

i would love to read those letters your grandfather wrote. he is an adorable man...he reminds me of my grandpa abe...the twinkle in his eye. and gavin is a character! you're going to have to watch out for that one!