Sunday, February 14, 2010

One Year Older and Wiser Too

Sam had to work on my birthday but before he left he made pancakes and a special 31 pancake for me. He also decorated the family room with streamers. It was really sweet. After breakfast I opened all the presents I got from friends and family in the mail. I have been blessed with the best friends and sisters.
We had stake conference instead of regular church. Good news was it started at 10am instead of our usual 2pm. Bad news was there aren’t childrens' classes, so I had two hours with the kids in an adult meeting. Nick helped with Carter so it wasn’t that bad.
Alycia made us dinner and we had my party at her house. She even made chocolate covered strawberries.
Sam took the kids shopping for my birthday presents. Gavin was specific and wanted purple lipstick from Walmart. Isn’t it lovely? Renée got me scissors and Carter got me a turkey baster. Sam got me an external flash for my camera. I have wanted one ever since I got my camera. Alycia and Nick got me a Ninja to use to make my green smoothies.
We finished our celebration with ice cream cake.











3 comments:

katierose said...

even though your birthday was on a sunday and you couldn't really go anywhere (well, besides church, and how much of a birthday celebration is that??), it sounds like you still had a great day! i looooove your necklace. where'd you get it?? wink, wink. and i'm totally jealous of your external flash!

The Ainas said...

OOHHH! I got a flash for Christmas and I absolutely LOVE it!!! :)

sweet mama entropy said...

happy {belated} birthday!! where do i sign up for the 'wiser too' part? i just seem to be getting older :)