Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bodies Exhibit

Gavin loves to learn about anatomy and always gets body books from the library. When we saw the adds for the Body exhibit, we knew Gavin would love it. Sam worked 2nd shift so he was able to come and we pulled Gavin out of school at 10 am. We spent about an hour looking at all the specimens. It was very interesting, but it also made me a little queasy. Gavin and Sam loved it but about half way through Gavin wasn’t as interested in having all the parts pointed out to him. I think his brain was full. In one part of the exhibit you got to touch a real human heart. When we got in line he asked Sam to touch it first. Then on the way out I asked him if there was anything he wanted to see one last time. His response was that he wanted to touch the heart again. It was fun to do something that Gavin loved so much. Afterward we went out to lunch.


2 comments:

katierose said...

seriously, what cool parents you are to take your kid out of school for an adventure! that is AWESOME! gavin is such a cool kid.

Lindsay Edward said...

I am SO JEALOUS! I wanted to go when it was here in Utah but we missed it. I've heard it's amazing.