Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Party for Me

Several of my friends talked about doing a get together for my birthday, but because of Sam’s schedule, there wasn’t a time I could go. (He has been working 2nd shift on the days he doesn’t have school, which basically means I am alone every evening.) I decided to have a get together at my house after the kids went to bed. My mom teased me about throwing a party for myself, but it was exactly what I wanted. It was a wonderful night just hanging out with fun friends and great conversation. I was so touched by my friends in this area who came and I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful friends here.

2 comments:

katierose said...

oh, man! i wish i could have come!!! i'm glad you had such a nice time with your friends :).

sweet mama entropy said...

so glad you could figure out a way to enjoy your birthday even with sam's crazy schedule! 'me' time is so important and we mom's so often cheat ourselves :)