Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 5 Cozumel

Joi and Joe took a tour of the ruins but we had already been there so we decided to go on a glass bottom boat and snorkeling tour. We did a little exploring before we were scheduled to go out. It was very hot and humid. I am so glad I was wearing a bathing suit because I was soaking wet. Our tour was very interesting. We didn’t book it through the cruise and we were the only Americans on the boat. Everyone else was a Mexican tourist. They were very interested to hear about where we were from and what it was like on our cruise ship. We stopped at three different places along the reef. The water was so refreshing to be in. I had a blast using my new underwater camera and Sam kept diving down to the bottom to explore. We saw a lot of fish and really enjoyed ourselves.
After our tour we went back to the ship to shower. We weren’t leaving port until 8pm so we got back off and rented a scooter and drove the whole way around the island. I was quite enchanted by the other side of the island. It was almost deserted and very beautiful. I took most of the photos from the back of the scooter while Sam was driving. We only had two hours so we couldn’t stop too much. I did take a turn driving the scooter but stopping and starting were a little difficult for me with Sam on the back. We did get caught in some rain which kind of hurts while driving. I made for an interesting experience. We did go through the parts of Cozumel that aren’t touristy and the poverty really was sad. I was also surprised to find out that most of the island is not developed and is just covered with brush.






































No comments: