Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 2 Miami

Sam has always wanted to ride an airboat. I would have preferred to lay on the beach but I did drag Sam to every art museum in Italy so I figured it was his turn to do what he wanted. After I booked the Everglades Tour I lovingly referred to it as our swamp tour. The tour company picked us up on a bus that must have been a school bus in another life. The walls were made out of wood and the seats were park benches with a thin cushion. The Everglades were really pretty and I was super excited when they gave us ear plugs because I knew they would come in handy for sleeping that night. We saw a lot of alligators and even a few babies. Once we got out on the open water we went really fast. We got in the water and Sam sunk in the mud. After that everyone else stayed in the boat. After the airboat ride we got to see an alligator wrestler. We even paid and extra $3 so Sam could hold an alligator.

We spent the afternoon on South Beach. I didn’t know that thongs were still fashionable, but they are in Miami. The water was really pretty but it was also really crowded. That night we had Cuban food and then strolled the streets.






















1 comment:

katierose said...

that airboat looks like so much fun! and those gators are awesome!!! weren't you scared standing in the swamp??