Sunday, February 1, 2009

Teaching without a Lesson

When I walked into Relief Society, which is the women’s class at our church, the secretary asked me if I was teaching today. I said no and that I thought Amy was. She responded that Amy was teaching on the 22nd. To my surprise I found out that I was teaching and I had about 20 minutes to get something together for a lesson. After a trip to the church library to get a copy of Presiden Uchtodorf’s talk “Happiness. Your Heritage,” I sat in the hall reading talk, making notes, until it was my turn to go on. So, for the amount of time I put into the lesson, it turned out pretty well. At least I didn’t have to stress all week about teaching.

2 comments:

Ava Nielson said...

Better you than me...I would DIE!

sweet mama entropy said...

Must be all those years of education training and application shining through!