Friday, February 13, 2009

Surprise I'm 30!

Sam and some of my friends surprised me with a 30th Birthday Party. I was completely surprised because I was told I was having a birthday lunch the next day. Joi, my college roommate flew in from Tucson, Arizona. Katie, a friend from art education at BYU, flew in from Las Vegas. Lisa Meyer said we were going out to eat with Michalann, but that Michalann’s husband wasn’t home yet. So we went to JC Penny’s and had a great time trying on clothes. When we final went to Michalann’s house and I opened the door, I was really shocked to see so many people and especially to see my two friends from so far away. I guess Sam has been talking to Joi for months and she and Sam spent all day Friday making food and getting ready for the party. Michalann was kind enough to host and Lisa put in a lot of work to make it all happen. I still and so impressed that my sweet husband put this together. He is not exactly a party planning kind of guy and I know he only did it because he knew I would love it. . . and I did! A lot of friends from church were there, some neighbors, and even Wayne from the HOA board with his wife. It really was a fun night and I was thrilled that so many people came to help me let go of my 20s and embrace my 30s!































5 comments:

sweet mama entropy said...

That looks like so much fun! And I can't believe you got to see Katie - I'm way jealous! Happy 30th!

Ava Nielson said...

It was super fun to be with you again! Thanks for having me!

Laura said...

Yeah for being 30! It was a fun party, Sam did a good job. I LOVE the pancake idea.

Lindsay Edward said...

It looks like you had a great birthday! Hats off to Sam for arranging all of that!

katierose said...

i'm still salivating over jalapeno poppers. yummy ;)