Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I started my birthday celebration, after my surprise party of course, but at midnight on February 14th, by watching the DVD that Joi made me of my life for the past 30 years. Alycia scanned in a ton of pictures from my childhood, Sam did them all from after we were married, and Joi did everything else. I loved that so many of you sent in videos. It was so fun to see you and hear your birthday wishes. Thank you Joi and to all the rest of you who participated.

I really had a fabulous birthday. How can you beat spending your birthday with friends you haven’t been with in forever? Sam made me a 30 pancake. I have had a number pancake on my birthday almost every year of my like. Sam has embraced the tradition and has started adding food coloring to the number part.

Joi, Katie, and I went to Babe’s for lunch. It is the most Southern place that we have found here in Texas with the best fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and biscuits. When ever people come to Texas, this is where we take them.

That evening we just got take out while the kids were at kid’s club. We didn’t want to fight the Valentine’s Day crowds. After dinner we had to take Katie to the airport. I was sad to see her go so soon, but grateful for the time we had together.

This really was my best birthday yet:) Thank you for all the cards and presents. I really have the best friends and family!






3 comments:

sweet mama entropy said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday! And I'm glad that your DVD turned out so well! I was bummed that I couldn't contribute anything, but my computer was being temperamental and wouldn't let me upload anything. But (even though it's not in video form) I do want you to know that I am so glad that we got to know each other at college. I remember how overwhelmed I was that first day in the HFAC and how great it was to meet you and be able to commiserate and then proceed to go through the whole art ed program with you. You are such an awesome gal and I'm so glad that we're friends! Happy 30th!

katierose said...

i had the BEST time visiting! truly. your party was total evidence of what a great person you are because you had so many people come to show you their love for you. you are remarkable, and i love you to death! happy, happy 30th!!!

Alison said...

We loved Babe's! We went once and the line to get in was so long it stretched down the street. We did make it once, though, and it really is the best fried chicken ever. How fun to know a place that you know. :)