Friday, August 15, 2008

Starwars, Pool, Ribs, and Custard

Alycia brought her kids and my parents over to my house around 11am. After some light saber fights, Dad took Blake and Gavin to see the new animated Star Wars movie. The boys loved it. Mom, Alycia, and I played Rummikub while the little boys took a nap and the girls watched the swan princess. After naps we all went to the pool. It was a beautiful day. The heat has let up a bit so it was actually nice to sit by the pool and swim. Plus, we had the pool to ourselves because the Texans think it is too cold to swim. Alycia made us ribs for dinner, which were super yummy. Then we finished the night with Sheridan’s Frozen Custard. I am not sure how Renée was able to make such a mess of her self. I guess she has talent.














3 comments:

Ava Nielson said...

Look like you guys are having a great time with your family! Lucky you!

sweet mama entropy said...

Great pictures!! Having family visit is so fun, no?

The Edwards Clan said...

Looks like you're having a great time with your parents! It's fun to see them in full grandparent mode. I love the picture of your dad with the Darth Vader mask and the light saber!! My little boy (Nicholas, age 6) is SO into Star Wars too and was super excited when his grandma bought him a light saber last week! He says we need two, though, so he can fight!