Sunday, August 24, 2008

Missing Sam and Cellulites

I survived my week without Sam. He was doing training in Maryland and got to visit with a lot of our friends from when we lived there. I really don’t know how single moms or moms whose husbands travel a lot do it. I was exhausted by the end of each day. I was so happy when Sam walked in the door on Saturday and not just because I missed his help.

To add to the crazy, I had everyone get on their bathing suits on Saturday morning so we could go to the pool. When Gavin walked past me I noticed that his left ankle was red and very swollen. It was so bad that I used web check in for urgent care and we all went to Wal-Mart to get Benadryl, after everyone got dressed of course. I thought Gavin must have been bit by something. We got called to go into urgent care an hour and a half after Gavin had the Benadryl and there was no change to his ankle. Luckily Sam had gotten home so I didn’t have to take everyone to urgent care. I was completely wrong and Gavin had cellulites. It is an infection and is treatable with antibiotics but can be very dangerous if it goes untreated. His ankle is still a little swollen but isn’t red and hot anymore. Good thing Debbie talked me into getting him checked out.

3 comments:

katierose said...

scary! i'm glad that you got that taken care of. it's amazing to me that children make it into adulthood!

Susan Staus said...

wow, did it hurt him?

Anonymous said...

I can completely relate to Sam being gone. Jeremy was gone for the last week of July...I am used to him not being home a lot...but him not coming home at all was sooo hard...for both me and the boys.