Wednesday, August 13, 2008

GG and Pap-Pap are Here!

We had a great day with my parents. Alycia picked them up from the airport and took them to my house. The kids were so excited and were thrilled to get presents. Carter got a singing dancing fish that is even worse than the chicken that plays and does the chicken dance. Alycia and Nick had to go to a funeral, so I had all of her kids. We spent the morning at the pool. There was only one other family there, which was really nice.

After lunch Alycia and Nick came home to take Trey to the doctor in Dallas. Dad built cars with Blake and Gavin. Really what happened was Gavin and Blake punched out the pieces to their cars and then Dad, Mom, and I had to build them. They were actually quite tricky. Gavin and Blake like the finished project.

Carter, Mom, and Dad took naps and then we were ready to go out to eat. GG put makeup on Renée and Sydney for our big night out. Renée loves make up! We went to Babe’s in Roanoke. They have the best fried chicken and the kids eat for free. The kids even got to dance with the hokey pokey with the waitresses.

After the kids were all in bed, I went to Alycia’s so I could play cards. We played Hand and Foot, which is my favorite card game. It was a great way to start our visit.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeff and I laughed so hard at the first picture of Carter. It looks like you guys are having a great time, I'm jealous.

Sharee said...

Hand and Foot is also MY favorite game!