Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten Cheers

The day has finally come and Gavin is in Kindergarten! This morning I read Jessica’s blog about how sad she was about her son starting Kindergarten. Gavin smashed a long florescent light into the van and was misbehaving all morning. After that, I was ready to have him go. Gavin was so excited. He got dressed in his new school outfit. I always imagined him looking a little nicer, but he wanted to wear a transformer t-shirt. He also picked out a transformer back pack. His favorite new school item was his aerator shoes. When we walked into JCPenney’s he had to have them. I have never seen a kid who loves his shoes as much as Gavin loves those shoes. He is always telling me about how he can fly in them. Gavin walked right into his classroom and sad down in his seat. The only one who cries was Carter because he was afraid I was going to leave him there. There are five LDS kids in his class. I didn’t have five LDS kids in my high school. Gavin also knows another girl in his class from our street. After the drop off we went to the Cheers and Tears party. Then I had a blissful three hours where Renée had quiet time and Carter took a nap. I got so much done. When I picked up Gavin that first thing he said was, “I only broke one rule.” For Gavin, that isn’t to bad. I guess he broke the jumping out of your chair rule. That is a tough one.







6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe he is old enough to go to school.

Lisa M said...

How exciting for him.

Ava Nielson said...

Cool! Good luck with school, Gavin!

sweet mama entropy said...

I'm so glad that Gavin enjoyed his first day (and that it wasn't too sad for you either). And I don't blame him - those are some cool shoes :)

Susan Staus said...

Good luck in school Gavin!

Lindsay Edward said...

I can't believe he's in kindergarten now! I still think of him as a tiny little guy who can barely crawl! haha Hope he's having fun!