Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas

Our kids are at such fun ages for Christmas. Everyone believes and it is truly a magical time of year. It was especially fun that we had a white Christmas! Gavin and Renée decided to sleep together on Christmas Eve. I am not sure what their purpose was, but they were cute sleeping at opposite ends of Gavin’s twin bed. You would think that they would have decided to use Renée’s queen, but I guess Gavin didn’t want to sleep in a pink room. We told the kids they couldn’t come down stairs until 7am.
We were all up at 7 and I don’t think Carter really knew what was going on. He quickly caught on an joined in the fun. Gavin is always first to finish unwrapping all of his presents and then he helps Renée and Carter find the rest of their presents. It was fun to see what the kids chose to give to each of us. Alycia took my kids to the dollar store to do their shopping. I guess Carter wanted to get everyone screw drivers, but he ended up just giving a set to Sam. We had a great morning playing with all the new toys. Sam and Gavin built the Lego Star Wars space ship. We had Mundushen for breakfast, which has been passed down on my mom’s side for generations.
The Anderbauers had us over for dinner with the Rhoads family. They made a wonderful German dinner and not having to make Christmas dinner was the best present I received. We also played Cranium, which I am not particularly skilled at, but we still had a really fun time.





















No comments: