Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Swimming, Cheesecake, and an old Friend

Today was jammed packed. We left the house at 10:25 am and got home after 4pm. We started at Heritage’s swimming pools. The pools were beautiful and the kids had a blast. There were water slides, a spray ground, a pool with a waterfall, water slides, and a baby pool. Carter wasn’t aloud to wear his water wings, so I had to hold him a lot. Other than aching arms, it was a wonderful outing.

Cheesecake factory is celebrating their 30th anniversary so they are selling their cheesecake slices for $1.50. Susan and I headed out to Southlake to take advantage of the deal and fabulous cheesecake. Michalann met us there and put our name on the list, but it still took an hour to get in. We did some shopping but Michalann had to leave to pick up her dad from the airport. It was funny to see Michaleann and me shopping with our six kids. It was kind of crazy. When we finally got into the restaurant, it took forever to get our cheesecake. Carter started to melt down and was in full fit mode by the time we left. I thought he would sleep on the way there in the van, but he didn’t. I was kind of regretting coming and then a girl came up to me and said, “I don’t remember your name but we were in the same hall at BYU our freshman year.” I remembered it was Natasha, who now has three kids and lives about 5 minutes from me but goes to another ward. We are going to get together with our kids soon.

Isn’t that funny how life works. There I was with a very cranky Carter wishing I wouldn’t have even come and ran into a friend from 10 years ago. I now am very glad I went.




4 comments:

katierose said...

how long is this cheesecake sale going on???

gretchen said...

What a fun busy day! Love the pool pictures, and what's better than running into old friends?

Polly said...

Sounds like you guys are busy and having fun in you "new" place...we miss you on this side of town, though!

sweet mama entropy said...

Meeting up with old friends is so fun! I'm pretty sure I saw Julie from our student teaching group when I was at the Houston temple earlier this year. Course I couldn't say hi (and be sure) cause it was the middle of a session, but now I look for her every time I'm there. How funny if three out of the four of us had ended up in TX at the same time. What are the odds?!