Monday, July 21, 2008

It's Paint'n Time

I painted the powder room. In Frisco, we painted everything and never got around to draperies. So in this house, I hung draperies first. Now that that is finished I got started on paint, Sam isn’t excited. I started the project at 11pm on Saturday night and worked until 1am. I finished up during nap time. Most of the work in a bathroom is cutting, so that took awhile. The rolling probably took 20 minutes. I used Benjamin Moore’s new green line of paint, Sam liked that. This little tiny bathroom took almost an entire gallon. I think it was the flat paint underneath.

The art is from Sam’s Grandma Lil. I got them because she is selling her house and downsizing. They are from Japan, when her and her family lived there 40 years ago. I put them in my bathroom because they look fabulous on the blue/green background and because they are on paper and I didn’t this they would survive in the Texas sun. Thanks Grandma.

6 comments:

Brielle & Jeffrey Kennington said...

it looks great!

Unknown said...

it looks really good! very calm!

katierose said...

nice job, tiff! i can't wait to see the red dining room!

Lisa M said...

Your bathroom looks fantastic. I think the paintings do go really well in there.

gretchen said...

Beautiful! Great job.

Carrie said...

oooo. That turned out lovely! Can't wait to see it in person!