Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nine Years

Nine years ago today, I knelt across the altar looking into the eyes of this boy. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I would do it all over again because I love that man he has become even more.

We met at BYU. We were in the same ward and apartment building. My first memory of Sam was of him at a ward prayer telling a funny story about how his dad was buying him food in bulk. The next time I saw him I was trying to avoid another boy at our apartment complex dance. Sam graciously helped me out by dancing with me. After that we had a whirlwind of dates for the next six weeks and then fell in love. Sam asked me to marry him at a fancy restaurant. The waiter brought out a tray with a dozen roses spread out on it with the ring box open in the middle. Eight months later we were married in the Mount Timpanogos Temple.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!
I love your draperies. We just talked about them in my interior design class

sweet mama entropy said...

Happy, happy anniversary! I remember nine years ago too. I was thrilled for the two of you then and I still am today! Congratulations (and well wishes for many happy anniversaries to come)!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Time flies! I can't believe it's been 9 years. Congratulations!

Just Tera said...

Happy Anniversary. You look exactly the same!!!

Brown Family said...

Happy Anniversary. Wow, you've almost been married a decade!! Any plans for an awesome 10 year anniversary? By the way, it was so good to hear from you the other day.