Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More Draperies and a Rug

I finished the last of the downstairs draperies. I put up, well Sam actually hung them, matching panels in the formal living and dining room. I sure am glad to be finished with that sewing project. When I do I project, it is usually all I do until I get in finished. My kids watch a lot of TV, Sam has to pick up dinner, and my house ends up looking like a disaster. This time I paced myself and only spent a little time each day working on them. I must say that life ran a lot smoother and I still got the project done.

Our other big change to our home is our new rug in the family room. I found it on target.com but the shipping was $150 and I couldn’t find any free shipping codes. I have been holding out these last couple months and it finally was offered with free shipping. Not only do I get to enjoy my new rug but I was able to put out our lamps that I bought, another Target find. The cords needed to be run under the rug, so we had to wait to get a rug before we could put them out. I am so glad to have some more light in my family room.




3 comments:

sweet mama entropy said...

You house looks so great! I have yet to do any drapes for our windows and we've lived in this house for two and a half years. Ah well, maybe someday my windows will look as awesome as yours do :)

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great! Hopefully one day we'll get down to see you guys in person, instead of just through your great pics!

Lindsay Edward said...

*Sigh* I look forward to the day when I no longer rent and actually own a house that I can decorate haha I love your color choices. The house looks great!