Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mr. Fix It

We have had a busy fun weekend. Friday night was Pizza night. We found a place that sells their pepperoni pizzas for $7.00 and they are ready without ordering. I decided that $7 a week is worth me having a break from making dinner. Thanks for the idea Tiffany Moses. After our pizza we met the Thurmans at the pool and ended up staying there until almost 10pm. Our kids were pretty tired.

On Saturday Sam got the garage organized, with the help of Carter. My van is actually parked in there right now. It only took us four monthsJ

I made another throw pillow for the family room. I have always liked the striped fabric positioned into a square. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but it turned out nice.

Our new neighbors had a block party at their house so we joined the party for an hour before heading to NRH2O to see the fireworks. It was a great display and they are going to have two more fireworks
shows this year. Sam loves fireworks, so I am sure we will go again. We didn’t get home until 11pm.

So with all these late nights out ,Sam and I stayed in bed until 10am this morning. Renée has learned to open her own pop tarts and everyone else slept in. I guess there are a few advantages to 2pm church.

4 comments:

Lisa M said...

I love 2pm church exactly for that reason we were lazy all morning this past Sunday.

sweet mama entropy said...

Wow! I am so jealous - my kids would never sleep in (7am is about their max)! And I need to get your tips for making square-striped pillows. I love the way they look too, but haven't been brave enough to try them before. Yours looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you enjoyed the fireworks! My company (www.NorthTexasPyro.com) produces that. The next two shows will have a different theme (rock songs and movie themes). If you have any additional feedback about the show, please don't hesitate to write us at Info@NorthTexasPyro.com. See you July 19th for the next show at NRH2O!

-David

Unknown said...

Hey lady. Found ya on Jen's blog. Love your header, its beautiful.
Mimi