Sunday, January 9, 2011

Visiting Utah

Southwest had a flight sale and Joi asked me to come with her to visit her grandparents. Grandma and Grandpa Fritzsche were so kind to me while we were in college, that I always make it a point to see them when I am in town. At the time I was overwhelmed with my life and Sam thought it would be a good idea for me to get away for a while. I arrived Thursday afternoon and Jacalyn picked me up from the airport. Jacalyn and I met in Maryland and have been friends ever since. That night we toured Park City, ate a fantastic dinner, and perused the local art galleries. Jacalyn was also able to show me one of the remodels she designed in a penthouse apartment. It was beautiful.
The next day was play in the snow day. We went snow shoeing for two hours all over the property where she lives. She lives in the guest house of one of her past clients and the setting was just gorgeous. We got quite the work out and had a great time. After lunch we headed to Soldiers Hollow to go snow tubing. It was so much fun. We felt like kids again and the greatest part was that they pull you up the hill! We met Jace and Jenné for dinner and Jacalyn got to meet them. It is always fun to see one of my sisters.
I spent the rest of my trip with Joi. The only problem was that her grandparents were sick. Grandpa had pneumonia and grandma had a cold. That meant that they stayed in their room and we couldn’t really visit with them. Joi and I made the best of it and even stayed with Joi’s in-laws one night. While together we went to a play, saw the Joseph Smith movie in temple square, ate at Café Rio, and crafted a ton. I don’t have many pictures of the two of us because we spent most of our time in our pajamas. It was the relaxing two days that I needed.
I am so glad that I got to visit with Jacalyn and Joi. They are fantastic friends and I feel blessed to have them. I am also grateful for a loving husband who understands me and my limits. I came back refreshed and ready to tackle seven more months as a single mom.

This is the view of Park City from the St. Regis.

St. Regis art dog. 

View from Jacalyn's window in the morning.

Another view from her window.
We are geared up and ready to go.

It was so beautiful outside.

Me by all the chunks of ice in the river.


We took this picture using a timer and I had a hard time getting back with snow shoes on.

We added a little climbing to our snow shoeing. 

There were ice crystals all over the trees.

The snow was so sparkly.

We were walking a long and Jacalyn just fell over.

I tripped in a hole.

Ready to start snow tubing at Soldiers Hollow.

On the way back from Soldiers Hollow I made Jacalyn stop to I could photograph this view.

Jacalyn and I before heading to meet Jenné and Jace for dinner.

Jenné and Jace at dinner.

Me and my second to youngest sister, Jenné.

Joi and I before the play we attended. 

Our crafting results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jace is sporting a nice earring.
-Sam

katierose said...

what a perfect friend trip...i wanna do that with you!