Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ready, Get Set, Sew!

JoAnn’s had a great sale on fabric this past weekend, so this week I have been busy sewing. I made valances for the kitchen, throw pillows for the family room and formal living room, and I altered my bedroom draperies to touch the floor. I added the red stripe at the bottom. After making my bedroom draperies I hung them all up and one of them was too long. I ripped out the seam and pinned it in place a quarter of an inch shorter. It was still too long. Then I tried a half an inch shorter and it was still too long. Alycia mentioned that I might want to measure the purple part that I bought at IKEA. That was it. One of the draperies was an inch and a half longer than the other three. Don’t you hate it when your project takes twice as long as you originally intended? I am happy with how everything turned out. It was really fun to find and match fabrics.







6 comments:

Just Tera said...

it looks great. Good for you, making them yourself.

gretchen said...

I don't know where you find the time! Looks great.

Alycia said...

looks wonderful! Good job!

jenhatch said...

you GO! The additions look awesome. And I wouldn't have even thought you had to add the bottom fabric to the curtains in your bedroom. Totally looks like you bought them that way!

Brown Family said...

It's official, you are amazing. Would you like to come and help me decorate my house? I still don't have a creative bone in my body! Your house looks awesome!!

Chinoville said...

Awesome! It all looks great. I need some sewing lessons!!