Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Maryland 4.23 - 4.24.08

I flew to Pennsylvania to pick up the kids on April 21st. I was greeted by a walking Carter at the airport. Yes, he finally did it! He was 18 ½ months old but he can walk. People keep asking me if I was disappointed to have missed him learning to walk, but when your 18 month old doesn’t walk, you are just relieved that he learned. While I was gone my parents and sisters spoiled my kids. They all got several new outfits. Renée and Carter got new blankets sewn by my mom. Renée’s has horses on it, her favorite, with faux leather fringe all around he edges. Gavin got several squirt guns and water rockets. My mom said that the kids didn’t seem to miss me at all. I am glad that they did so well.

We only stayed in PA for two days and then it was on to Maryland to see our friends from when we lived there. We stayed for two days at the Lyon’s house and got to make short visits to see some of our other friends. Thank you to those of you who took care of us while we were there.

From Maryland, we drove to Alabama to see Grandma Lil. It took 12 hours but the kids were really good. This will be our last visit to Alabama because Grandma Lil is selling her home and moving to Washington state. Grandma greeted us with southern style pork BBQ sandwiches, which are different from Texas BBQ. It was a treat.

We made it home on April 26th exhausted but happy to be home and together as a family again.



Our visit to Solomon's Island to see Sharon and her daughter Lydia.





















Carter and Anna who were both born after we left MD. Gavin's buddies James & Jacob.

No comments: