Saturday, July 9, 2011

PTA Conference

I signed up to be an alternate for a nomination committee at a PTA meeting. They promised me I wouldn't have to do anything. I am not sure what happened, but now I am vice president in charge of hospitality at Eagle Ridge Elementary. The women I am working with are wonderful and I got to spend three days at a conference in Austin. I had a fantastic time and learned a lot. Here are some of the highlights.
On my way to the convention center.  Texas capital in the background.

One of the vendor booths.

Top: Jessica, Lisa, Stacey, Kirstin Bottom: Lindsey and me about to eat a yummy dinner.

mmmm meat

Watching the bats come out from under the bridge.  There are so many they look like a cloud.

Night life of Austin
We met up with Keller Council for dessert and I ordered this flourless cake.

No comments: