Sunday, July 31, 2011

Big Changes

It is official, Sam has earned an MBA from TCU. I am so proud of him and thrilled that this chapter in our lives is over. Sam started work at Bell Helicopter on July 18th. He works from 6am to 2:30, which means that we have plenty of time to spend with him in the evenings.  While it is wonderful having him around again, it is an adjustment.  I am used to parenting by myself and doing things my way.  We are working it out and having a lot of fun in the evenings together.  We even have time to meet at NRH2o after Sam gets off work and spend several hours there.  We are getting a lot of things done around the house that have been neglected for the past two years.  Just yesterday Sam replaced our garbage disposal that had a nail in it.  (The nail was actually piercing through the side of the disposal.)  I am not sure how a nail got in the disposal but I blame Carter Danger.  Now that we are staying in Texas, I am working on all the house projects that I started but didn't have the energy to finish.  I finally got the stenciling done in the dinning room and I made five new pillow covers for the family room.  The old ones were so dirty that it looked like someone rolled around in the back yard with them.  (That may have happened when I wasn't looking.)  This time I added invisible zippers, so I can wash the covers.   There are still several painting projects on the list, but I am slowly chipping away at it.
New pillows

Stenciled dinner room.

No comments: