Friday, September 10, 2010

More Hiking

We are going to Palo Duro again in October and are trying to get Carter used to hiking long distances. As soon as Sam got home from work, we left for Eagle Mountain. We ate our dinner in the car and each make a prediction as to how many armadillos we would see. We didn’t see any! We did see deer and a lot of rabbits. We hiked three miles and Carter still doesn’t like it but he made it the whole way and was proud when we finished. Here is what we saw along the way. I brought my Nikon this time.
Carter is so cute.
I loved this spider's color.  I guess being a bio teachers daughter, I didn't grow up with a fear of them.
This was along the way.  Kind of random.
Sometimes they will pose.
Checking something out.
At a little park along the trail.
I am loving their pose.
View from the overlook.
The forest is really pretty.  It was just tough to photograph it in such low light.
One of the many rabbits we saw.  I didn't get any deer photos.  They are too fast.
I don't know why she is touching the cactus.
She asked me to take this photo.
I occasionally get Sam to photography me to prove I was there.
Such a pretty view.
See, Texas is beautiful.
Getting a closer view of the water.

3 comments:

katierose said...

i can't believe you hiked 3 miles! you would have had to pick me up on your way back :). that is very beautiful country. how nice to have that so close!

Natasha said...

we need to do this. so far we've only made the short hike to the outlook.

Anonymous said...

In one of the pictures, the kids are all down looking at a circle shape on the trail. They decided that it was an elephant track. -Sam