Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

Gavin is starting 2nd grade and Renée is starting kindergarten. It is hard to believe that two of my kids are in school already. Poor Carter is all alone with me. Both of my kids were super excited to start school. Renée has been asking me for weeks, “How many more days until school?” She got really quite the morning she went, but when she came home she yelled, “I love kindergarten!”
I have mixed feelings about the kids going back. I look forward to having a schedule again and having some time to myself, but I have loved our carefree summer of swimming and going to the water park. I didn’t shed a tear when I dropped off Renée and neither did she. As I reflect, my little kids are getting bigger way too fast and they are at great ages right now. Too bad I can’t freeze time just for a little while.

2 comments:

katierose said...

your kids are so darn cute! i completely relate to you about school starting...it will be nice to have a routine again, but man will i miss sleeping in and going to bed late! i just love summer! our school starts tomorrow, and i can't believe my baby will be in 1st grade!!

Jill said...

How adorable! I love these pictures.