Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of Preschool

Carter is in preschool! I am not sure who was more excited, me or Carter. I sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with me because a lot of my friends are crying when they drop off their kindergartners and preschoolers. I am cheering. I love my kids, but I love them more when I have some breaks from them. Carter will go two days a week for four hours. I am in another co-op. There are six of us and we take turns teaching. This year we only have boys in the class. I am sure it will be a little crazy, but I am sure Carter will have a great time. I am also sure I will enjoy my eight hours a week. These will be my first kid free hours in seven and a half years.

2 comments:

katierose said...

i LOVE this kid! and i can totally relate to you...i LOVE childless hours, but i also cry when i take them to school the first day...just for a minute. then usually look around and wonder...be productive? or take a nap??

SmithFamily said...

Don't feel bad. I don't cry either. I think we should be happy that our children are learning and progressing.