Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hospital Birthday

Sam doesn’t have a fever any more so he is feeling a lot better. Sadly, his cellulites hasn’t improved much. They upped his antibiotics so I am hopeful that he can come home on Monday. His biggest complaint is that he is really bored, so phone calls are appreciated.

I took the kids over this morning so we could celebrate his birthday. We brought cupcakes and presents. In the confusion of getting the kids and the stuff out of the van, I locked my keys in the van. The hospital police spent 45 minutes breaking into the van for me. That police man’s help was really a blessing for me. I don’t think I could have dealt with much more.

Our babysitting co-op was this evening so I brought take out to Sam and was able to visit with him for a few hours alone. This will probably go down in our family history as his worst birthday ever, or so we hope. Sam hadn't showered yet, so he wouldn't let me take his picture. Here are the kids eating his birthday cupcakes.

3 comments:

Debby said...

I also hope this is the worst for you. We are praying for your family.

Jacalyn said...

Tell Sam Happy Birthday... this is sure to be a memorable one. I hope he feels better & that you are fairing well on your own with the kids. I'm thinking of you guys.

katierose said...

that is one crappy birthday! dagnabbit! you did a good job of making it as happy as possible.