Thursday, December 4, 2008

Four Stitches

Carter pulled down a stocking from the mantel and the stocking holder fell and hit him in the head. I was teaching preschool and Gavin ran upstairs and said, “Carter has blood right here.” (Holding his had to his head.) I ran downstairs and all the kids followed. Carter wasn’t even crying but I knew right away that he would need stitches.

Carrie came over to stay with everyone until Amber and Alycia came. There were only 15 minutes left of school. Alycia took Gavin and his friend to school and then stayed with Renée.

I stopped at Carenow first, but because it was a head injury and he had blood under his nose, they wanted me to take him to Children’s Hospital in downtown Fort Worth. I called Sam on the way, and he met me there. It turned out that the blood under his nose was from him touching his head, and then putting his finger in his nose. They did a CT anyway just to make sure, but he was okay. He got four stitches and was pretty mad about being held down but is doing fine now.


3 comments:

katierose said...

a guy told me, "tattoos are for kids without scars." my dad always said, "no scars, no proof." i'm glad carter is okay! i love the hair...

Susan Staus said...

Wow, glad he's okay. JJ also pulled down a stocking holder which hit him on the head too, but luckily he didn't bleed. Those Christmas decorations, they're so dangerous. :)

sweet mama entropy said...

Poor Carter! At least it wasn't brother inflicted (as our four stitches were earlier this year)!