Friday, March 28, 2008

Family Room Drapes 3.25.08

I bought this fabric a year ago for my Frisco house and right after I bought it Sam was offered the job in Fort Worth. I decided to just keep the fabric and have been excited to have draperies in this house. I started these draperies on Monday night. I thought, “How hard could it be? It is only a rectangle.” I made the first panel and hung it up on the rings and figured out that it needed to be pleated. Then I had to figure out how to add pleats. With a little internet searching and a call to my mom I found out that I need to get this tape that you sew on and then when you pull the strings, your panels have pleats. Joann’s is 20 minutes away and of course you buy the tape by the yard, so there aren’t any instructions. I did figure it out and hemmed my last panel at 11pm on Tuesday night. I am very happy with the results. The house was a disaster and Sam had to bring home fast food for dinner, but we have drapes!

4 comments:

gretchen said...

As far as I can tell, they turned out great!

Alycia said...

looks great!

Brielle & Jeffrey Kennington said...

Those look great! I need to get moving on those bibs for carter before he gets to big to use them.

Tiffany said...

Looks great! I'm impressed that you made your own curtains. I wish I was that domestic :0)