Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

The kids each got Sam a gift from Dollar Zone. Renée gave him scissors. Carter gave him tools. Gavin gave him a sling shot. At church, the kids sang to him. Carter went up for the first time. He stood on a stool in the very front, he didn’t sing, but he did lean over the platform and bang on the wood. He also jumped up and down and bobbed his head to the music. I was really embarrassed but what could I do? The kids’ primary teachers asked the kids some questions about Sam and put all the wards answers in a pamphlet for them. Here are our kids’ responses:
My favorite thing to do with my dad is. . .
Read – Gavin
Help make dinner with him – Renée
Tools – Carter
At work, my dad. . .
Make planes – Gavin
Builds airplanes – Renée
Builds houses and airplanes – Carter
If I could get my dad a present, it would be. . .
A new bike – Gavin
A new computer he can share with people – Renée
Tools – Carter
How old is your dad?
42 – Gavin
26 – Renée
3 – Carter
My dad likes to. . .
Ride bikes – Gavin
Dinosaur hugs – Renée
Work with tools – Carter
After church we had a nice dinner then the kids and I made Sam his favorite cookies, snicker doodles. 

 Carter was so excited to give Sam tools that he was jumping up and down.
Scissors from Renée.
A sling shot from Gavin which he was happy to try out.
mmmmm snicker-doodles

No comments: