Thursday, January 7, 2010

Milan, Italy

Shauna and Cara, two of the other wives, and I met for breakfast and went to an art museum, Pinacoteca di Brera. Our husbands were visiting companies, Prima Pagina, a PR firm, and Kodak Italy. The art museum was okay. It has the largest collection of Italian art in Milan, but after seeing the Vatican, it was underwhelming. It was a pleasant morning and I did get to see Raphael’s The Marriage of the Virgin. After the museum we met up with Urmi , another wife, and spent a couple hours shopping. It was so much fun to see the styles of Milan. In Florence and Rome woman were wearing sweater dresses and knee high boots. In Milan, everyone was still wearing boots but they were tucking their jeans into them. I never thought I would ever purchase skinny jeans, but now that I bought knee high boots, I think I will get some. I also got a sweater dress to wear to our farewell dinner.
When Sam got back we took the Metro back to the Duomo one last time. It really is beautiful and we strolled along the shops to the castle which was all lit up. I still love how easy it is to get around Milan. There metro system is fantastic.
Our farewell dinner was really good. There were several courses and one of them was risotto, which Milan is famous for. It was fun chatting with everyone that we have gotten to know on this trip. We all exchanged information and plan on having a get together sometime in the future.






1 comment:

Kristy said...

I love these pictures. This looks so fun!