Thursday, February 7, 2008

Geneticist

Carter had his appointment with the geneticist today. I have never felt so bad about our family’s genes. Every question the doctor asked, there was some sort of disorder. The doctor looked Carter over and doesn’t think that he has a syndrome of any kind. He is going to get blood work done to make sure though. He did tell me that growth hormone is produced while you sleep and I have a feeling that Carter’s adenoids were preventing quality sleep. Hopefully we will see a big change in him.

As for the result of the adenoidectomy and getting tubes in his ears, Carter is a different child. He broke the 17lb. mark today! He is more mobile and even can stand for a few seconds if I trick him into it. He is babbling more and seems to be trying to talk. His eating has really improved. Carter has started throwing fits and voicing his opinion (in the form of squawking.) I am used to having a VERY easy baby. I am very happy that Carter is doing so well, but I have to get used to the new fit throwing Carter.

6 comments:

Cathie said...

Good to know that he is making progress - even the fits might be an encouraging sign. Keep at it - all will be well.

Ava Nielson said...

Glad to hear that he is getting better! And 17 months without a fit...you are due a couple now and then! :)

The Ainas said...

Reminds me of when I was about 11 or so and wasn't growing at all and had to go to all kinds of doctors. I almost got the growth hormone, but they decided against it because I was a gymnast. I was just REALLY slow at growing and developing, but I caught up! :)

Melissa C. said...

I'm so glad to hear that he is doing better!

Debby said...

So glad to hear that he is doing well.

Margie Swoboda said...

Hi Tiffany, The little guy will be just fine. He has a big brother and sister to look after him.. I am glad to hear that his personality is developing. He might take after his grandma Denise... You know always talking and will have a great sense of humor..He has the genes to make you laugh. Relax, he's in great hands.
Also, Happy Birthday. I thought about you on Valentine's Day. I am sure that your day was great. I can't believe that you are 29. Time really flies..