Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Trey is Home

This was the email that Nick sent out this morning:

We were able to bring Trey home last night!!! While the doctor was very quick to say that he is not better and has a long road ahead of him, there was nothing more they could do at the hospital that we couldn’t do at home. The final diagnosis included the previous infections and the missing factor that they could not figure out has been determined to be Still’s disease. Still's disease is the systemic-onset of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Basically that means if effects the whole body instead of just the joints. This link has additional information if you are interested http://www.medicinenet.com/stills_disease/article.htm. I don’t think any of us stopped smiling last night we were so happy to have him home, especially Trey. We are so grateful for the many blessings these past couple of weeks of which you all and many more have contributed. May God bless you and yours this Christmas season. With much love and gratitude, The Nelson Family

2 comments:

amy jensen said...

Tiffany, Amy Jensen here. I saw your blog on Melissa's. I hope you don't mind. I saw this post and just wanted to let you know that this disease is what Ethan (our second son)has. He was diagnosed when he was 2 1/2. After 2 1/2 years of rigorus (sp?) treatment, he is in remission now. If your family member has any questions for someone who has been through it, I'd love to be able to help out in anyway. Here's my phone number: 214-705-6005. I'm not sure if you have moved yet. But I hope all is well and wish your family a very Merry Christmas!

gretchen said...

I'm so glad to hear he's home. I'm sure his brother and sister are happy too.