Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sea World

Part Two of our summer vacation was at Sea World. We rented a four bedroom house in San Antonio and we had plenty of room to spread out. We were there from August 19th to the 24th and spent every day at Sea World. The part wasn’t very busy on Thursday and Friday. We think it was because school was starting on Monday. We were able to walk right onto rides with little or no wait and we got to feed the dolphins again. We traded off kids with the Collingwoods so we could each go on the roller coasters. The waterpark was open and it was so nice to cool off. We would spend about half our time in the waterpark and the rest in the regular park. Sam took Renée and Gavin into the spash zone at the Shamu show. It only took one splash and they were running back up to our seats. Renée was chosen to participate in the pirate show. Her pirate name is Patches. Two of the evenings we were in San Antonio, we traded off babysitting. Sam and I were able to go to the river walk and eat dinner. This was our first time there without our children, and it was much more relaxing. On our way home we stopped in Austin to visit Sam’s brother’s family. The kids enjoyed seeing there cousins again.

























3 comments:

katierose said...

remember when i thought you were going to the sea world in california? i think this was a great way to end the summer!

Erika Sullivan said...

Loved the pictures. It reminded me of a very important lesson that I learned when I went to Sea World: walking around all day in my regular clothes and garments, I said to myself, "Next time I'm just wearing my swimsuit and shorts like all these other people!" It was pretty hot and miserable!

Susan Staus said...

Wow, that looked like so much fun!