Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The 4th of July

We started our celebration with our ward (church) breakfast. Our congregation is so large that we can no longer have activities at the church, so we had our breakfast at a park. We had a fun time, despite having to be there at 8:30 am.

Next we drove down to my sister, Alycia's house in Fort Worth. We went swimming, grilled up some brats, and went to see fire works. We dressed up the kids in their matching outfits, but they wouldn't pose for a picture. This was the best I was able to get.

We entertain the kids with a game of sorry while waiting for the firework. Alycia and I then had a cherry pit spitting contest. Alycia was the clear winner.
The kids enjoyed the fireworks but were pretty tired and cranky on the traffic packed drive back to Alycia's where we spent the night. The kids and I actually stayed until Saturday night.








5 comments:

Ava Nielson said...

Glad you guys had a good time!

Just Tera said...

I think you and your sis should have to wear matching outfits too! ;) Very Cute

Brielle & Jeffrey Kennington said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I love their matching outfits.

Alycia said...

I like the big group picture...we all looked dazed! Thanks for posting them. I will have to get copies!

Cathie said...

What a great time with kids and family.