Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ceiling Project 3/9/07

Sam and I have come to realize that any home project that we do will cost double the money and twice as much time and we thought it would. Our ceiling project took about five times the money and more hours than I care to count. It all started with toilet that over flowed and stained our ceiling. We figured that two gallons of ceiling paint would be an easy fix. Well, when Sam rolled on the paint the popcorn that was on the damaged area it fell off. Sam went to Walmart to get spray on pop corn and I continued doing edging and then was going to scrap the area wear the popcorn was coming off. The popcorn came of in sheets, so I decided the ceiling would look better if we just took off all the popcorn. When Sam in the door I said, "Don't be mad." because I had a quarter of the sealing already scraped. We stayed up until 2am on Friday and 3am on Saturday scraping the ceiling, sanding it, and then painting it. Sanding created so much dust that everything on the first floor needed to be washed. We had to wipe down the walls, steam clean the furniture and floor, scrub the tile floor with a scrub brush, wash every cabinet, wash all the dishes in our cabinets, and do a whole lot of vacuuming. I was so overwhelmed that Alycia had to come up on Tuesday and Wednesday to help me get through the mess. Luckily the house is now back together, clean, and we have smooth ceiling in the family room and kitchen. We took this weekend off from house projects but I did buy fabric to start drapery. I sometimes pity Sam being married to me.






2 comments:

Jill said...

oh my GOSH!!!! That is a nightmare! Remind me to just let the dirty toilet water drip down my ceiling and walls if that ever happens to me... not as much work.

I dont know how you did this with 3 kids. Sisters... yeah, that's definitely the answer. Way to go Auntie alycia!

love ya!
Jill

Just Tera said...

On the plus side I think it looks great! Note to self buy house withOUT popcorn ceilings.